Friday, July 20, 2012

Return to Echo Beach - Brazil 2014

As Euro 2012 disappears in the rear-view mirror, and the eyes of the International game turn to the 2014 World Cup, The History of Goalnets re-boots it's Brazil series which highlights and celebrates the diversity of goal nets design that can still be seen in the country many think of as the game's spiritual home.

To remind you the premise of the Brazil series, let's go back to the start, and the original Echo Beach post.



I know it's out of fashion, and a trifle uncool.
But I can't help it, I'm a romantic fool.



From nine till five I have to spend my time at work.
From nine till five I watch football on Youtube.
My job is very boring, I'm an office clerk.
It's very boring, all I see is box goalnets.
The only thing that helps me pass the time away.
Is knowing I'll be back at Echo Beach some day.
Is knowing there must be a blue-blooded member of the football Royal family who haven't installed box goalnets across the board.

Brazil.



Echo Beach, far away in time...

No comments:

Post a Comment